Friday, January 9, 2015

Week 11


How far along? 11 weeks (Friday, 1/9/2015)
Total weight gain/loss: nothing yet
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but regular pants are very uncomfortable to wear. I’ve been wearing dresses and tights to work almost every day. I ordered a bunch of maternity clothes this week, too.
Sleep: I’m tired all the time, and am usually in bed or asleep on the couch by 9:00 PM. I don’t sleep through the night that often anymore. I either have to get up to go to the bathroom, or have to eat something to settle my stomach
Best moment this week: Our first ultrasound- we’re having TRIPLETS!!!
Have you told family and friends: We told our families at Christmas (I wrote poems for each family to read on Christmas day). A few people at work know, and a handful of our friends know at this point. We won’t make any big announcement until we know that we’re more in the “safe zone”.
Movement: I can’t feel them moving around, but we could see them bopping all over the place during the ultrasound (especially Baby A!)
Food cravings: I haven’t had any specific cravings, but I’ve been eating a lot of cereal lately, in particular Rice Krispies. Will called the babies “Snap, Crackle, and Pop” the other day, and I love that nickname! It seems fitting since I’ve been eating so much cereal. We now call the babies the “Rice Krispies”
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing in particular is making me sick, but I feel queasy a lot. I pretty much have to eat every couple hours otherwise I feel AWFUL. I have gotten physically sick about once a week since week 6. Most often brushing my teeth is what triggers the puking.
Have you started to show yet: It’s probably bloat but I feel like my belly is starting to show. With triplets being in there, I’m sure I’ll be showing for real any day now. I’m looking forward to having some looser maternity clothes to wear.
Gender prediction: I don’t have any idea! I’m hopeful that we have a combination of 2 boys and a girl or 2 girls and a boy but mostly I just want 3 healthy babies!
Labor Signs: None, and hope to keep it that way for 25+ more weeks!
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I’m all over the place. I can be every emotion imaginable in a span of 20 minutes.
Weekly Wisdom: Take care of myself, so I can take care of all our babies!
Milestones: Our first ultrasound was a milestone that I’m sure Will and I will never forget!

I had a positive pregnancy test on 11/23/2014, and they had me come in for a blood test to confirm. My first HCG test result was 466, which seemed really high but I’ve never been pregnant before so I was just happy that it was positive. I had a feeling from the get-go, though, that we were having twins. 2 days after my initial blood test they had me come back in for a 2nd draw to make sure the numbers were elevating. On my way to the 2nd draw I saw a double rainbow, which seemed like a sign. The 2nd HCG level came back at 1147! Definitely pregnant! I saw another double rainbow when we were in California visiting Andy, Sandy, and the girls over Thanksgiving, and I had several dreams that we were having twins in the weeks leading up to the ultrasound. I was so convinced that we were having twins that Will had to remind me several times not to be disappointed when there was "only" one baby at our first ultrasound!


Our first ultrasound was on Thursday, 1/8/2015. According to my calculations, we were right at 10 weeks along and excited to finally see our little baby! Or, as it turned out, babies! Immediately we could tell there were 2 babies in there, one right on top of the other. I got really teary eyed, and kept telling Will over and over again, “I told you so, I told you so!” Will had a gigantic smile on his face. We hadn’t even had time to process the fact that we were having twins when the ultrasound tech said…”Oh look, there’s another one!” We were FLOORED to say the least! This was not at all something we were expecting! She searched around to be sure that there weren’t any other surprises, but only found 3 little babies. We were pretty speechless the rest of the appointment as she took their measurements and heartbeats. Baby A is measuring 3.91 cm with a heartbeat of 160 bpm, Baby B is measuring 4.06 cm with a heartbeat of 167 bpm, and Baby C is measuring 3.98 cm with a heartbeat of 165 bpm. All growing well with strong little heartbeats! Based on their measurements they moved my due date up to 7/31/2015, which puts me at 11 weeks pregnant.

Here are our first ultrasounds!

Baby "A"

Baby "B"

Baby "C"

The Whole Gang!


No comments:

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...