Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Day Date with my Wills

At their 18 month well visit, our pediatrician noticed that Will had developed a dark spot on his birth mark, and wanted us to have a pediatric dermatologist check it out, just to be safe. His consult was this morning, so Cari came over to watch Griffin and Cooper so Daddy and I could both take Will to his appointment. 

Happy to report that the dark spot is just a birthmark mole, and nothing at all to be concerned about. We'll keep an eye on it as he grows and it will be regularly checked by the pediatrician, and later by annual dermatology visits. 

With the exception of a quick trip to the store here and there, very rarely do we leave the house without all 3 in tow, so this was a special treat for Will. He seemed to enjoy the one-on-one attention he was getting all morning, and was perfectly behaved for the doctor. We enjoyed lunch at The Cheesecake Factory after his appointment, and I must say- lunching with only one toddler is a breeze! Dare I say, it was a leisurely lunch! No worrying about the table being large enough to keep food, drinks, silverware, salt & pepper shakers away from grabby hands, no spending more time cutting up food for 3 toddlers than actually eating your own meal, and we didn't even get a second glance from people. 

Of course, we missed Griffin and Cooper, but it was actually really nice to be able to have some one-on-one time with just Will. I think he enjoyed it as much as his Dad and I did! I told Will yesterday that we need to plan more single-baby outings so each boy has a chance to have a special date and our undivided attention.

Solo lunching- he was happier than this photo makes him appear!

1 comment:

Jess H said...

Look at that handsome hair! I love the perspective this post offers and agree that one-on-one dates will be really fun for all of you.

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...