Thursday, June 1, 2017

We Have a Social Life!!

Somehow, seemingly out of nowhere, we suddenly have very busy social lives! We've been on the go non-stop since the end of April, and we won't slow down until mid-June!

The busy weekends kicked off at the end of April when Will took a quick trip to New Orleans for his friend Ben's bachelor party:
NOLA weekend
That same weekend, our friend Jess was in town from Chicago and got to meet the boys over lunch one day:
Jess and her little boyfriends

Will attended the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs and was on hand when the Preds swept the Blackhawks in game 4 of the first round:

Sweep!

We took a boat on a test run one dreary Saturday afternoon. The boys weren't too impressed (by the boat or the weather):
Not impressed


We celebrated my birthday- I got a paddle board that I am very much looking forward to using on the lake this summer! All 5 of us got out in the morning to try out a local brunch spot that's been on my radar:

Then Will and I were able to get away that evening for a birthday celebration downtown. We started with a drink at Hotel Indigo, where we stayed for our wedding and then had a delicious dinner at Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse. What a great spot- I was able to eat my 2 favorite meal splurges in one setting: steak AND sushi. Perfection!
Rare dress-up night
I was spoiled twice in one weekend since Mother's Day was 2 days after my birthday. My special request for the day was an Iced Coffee and donuts from Dunkin' Donuts. I think I know who enjoyed the donuts the most:
Mmm...

We love....

Donuts!!

Talk about spoiled, Will and I got to get out of the house, AGAIN, during the WEEK!!! We went to game 3 of the Preds/Ducks series with our friend Lizzie, who convinced us that #yolo and we should get tickets. So glad we did- it was a great time and totally worth the exhausted work day that followed.

Preds Pride
Fang Fingers!

We were WAY up there...but we were THERE. :)

The following weekend several of our good friends- Erika, Amy, and Kelly- flew into town for a girls' weekend. We saw them a couple times over the weekend- once for lunch with the boys, and the following night for a kid-free evening on the town. It was great to catch up with all of them!
Erika and Amy

Another date night?! So lucky!

Love these people
And finally, we wrapped up the month of May with a parents-only getaway to the great state of Pennsylvania for Ben and Shanay's wedding. Sue and Cari stayed home with the boys while Will and I drove up to PA for the wedding. We got in late Friday, but managed to squeeze in a date night at one of Beaver Fall's most happening night spots. Saturday we celebrated Ben and Shanay and caught up with friends Jake and Erin (who we just spent some time with in Hilton Head during Spring Break last month):
Ben and Shanay's wedding was held on Ben's dad's farm. It was beautiful!



CU Buffaloes representing at the wedding
With so much activity and coming and going these past few weeks, it should come as no surprise that the Mason party fell down with illness. Will was feeling pretty bad the week leading up to the wedding, and the boys and I came down with the same symptoms over the weekend. We came home from the wedding on Sunday with the intent of spending the remainder of the long weekend at the pool. Instead Griffin and I headed to Urgent Care on Memorial Day, and then spent Tuesday afternoon at the pediatrician's office. Will and Cooper both got breathing treatments and Griffin was x-rayed to rule out pneumonia. Thankfully, everyone is OK, just dealing with an upper respiratory infection that will hopefully run its course soon.
You know he doesn't feel good when he's content to lay on the floor with big bear.

Urgent Care on Memorial Day. Boo.

Wouldn't nap in his crib, but would sleep with his mama.
Cari and I are headed to Tampa tomorrow night for a belated birthday celebration- she got me tickets to see Jimmy Buffett this weekend! It will be a very quick trip, but I'm looking forward to going to a concert- I feel like it's been a really, really long time since I've been to one. Here's hoping I feel better and up to a proper day of Buffett tailgating and concert-going on Saturday!

I'll be home on Sunday afternoon, and then we will pack up and head out again later in the week. The whole party of five is headed to Wisconsin to meet up with my family to celebrate my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. Whew! Like I said, somehow we are suddenly very busy. While it's been pretty fun to have a social life again and spend quite a bit of time out "adulting", I am actually looking forward to the middle of June when we will be back in town and without a single thing on the calendar for awhile!



No comments:

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...