Friday, April 1, 2016

Day in the Life: 9 Months

Here's a quick look at how our days play out at 9 months old: 

4:30 AM (work day): alarm goes off and I get up to pump before getting ready for work. I leave no later than 6:15 AM, while all the boys (dad included) snooze away
5:30-6:00 AM (home day): if it's my Friday off or a weekend, I usually get up somewhere between 5:30 and 6:00 to pump, and then hopefully can get a couple more hours sleep before the babies wake up
8:30-10:00 AM: Babies wake up, diaper changes, 1st bottle (8 oz.) and then play time for a bit
10:00-10:30 AM: All babies downstairs to their triplet table for morning solids- usually fruit and cereal, string cheese, or yogurt

10:30 AM-12:30 PM: Morning naps for everyone while we work on chores around the house
12:30-1:00 PM: Playtime for the boys in the bonus room as they wake up one by one. They will play in the exersaucer, jump in the johnny jumper, or crawl around in the baby jail with all their toys. 
1:00-2:00 PM: Diaper changes and fresh clothes for the boys, then they have their 2nd bottle of the day
2:00-3:30 PM: Naps for the boys again. And more chores for Mom and Dad, like dishes and laundry, cleaning up the house, bills, etc... I have to pump again, then Will and I eat lunch. 
3:30-5:00 PM: The boys wake up from their naps and are ready for more play time
5:00-6:00 PM: If it's a work day for me, I get home around 5:00, just in time to help Will with the boy's next diaper change and 3rd bottle
6:00-6:30 PM: Bring the boys downstairs- they play in their play pen while we get dinner prepped (for them and for us)
6:30- 7:30 PM: Dinnertime for everyone. They will get some sort of pureed vegetable mixed with cereal and then finger foods to pick at while we eat dinner
7:30-8:30 PM: Back upstairs to get ready for bed. If it's bath night then we will start the bedtime routine a little earlier. But everyone gets changed into sleepers and finally diapers for the night. Then back out to the bonus room for their last bottle of the day. We read them bedtime stories while they eat, then I put them in their cribs with their tranquil turtle running to keep them company. They are typically in bed around 8:30 or 9:00 each night. Some nights they go down peacefully and we don't hear a peep from them. Other nights they will protest and cry for a few minutes, but usually they pass out within 10 minutes of being put down.
8:30-10:00 PM: Thankfully I'm getting more efficient at nighttime activities so we can be in bed earlier! Will washes dishes while I get my lunch packed for work the next day, and then try to be pumping by 9:00. We finish up post-pumping dishes together and then I try to be in bed by 10:00 or 10:30 most nights.

No comments:

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...