Monday, June 20, 2016

First Birthday Party Details

I didn't have a theme in mind when it came to decorating for the boys' birthday party. I knew I wanted to display all their month-by-month photos and it turned out that they fit perfectly in the space between our kitchen and living room, so that's where they went. And I wanted to somehow display some stats about their first year. I thought about doing it like a chalkboard that I've seen on Pinterest, but I had printer paper and colored pencils and decided that would be easier and less stressful than trying to recreate a chalkboard on my own. The banners I stenciled with blue acrylic paint. All in all, I was happy with the way things turned out, especially because I didn't envision any of it ahead of time- I just sort of started throwing things together.


 
All their monthly pictures paid off- they looked great hanging up!

Our First Year Wall- we did the math and figured out the numbers...they're obviously not 100% accurate, but pretty darn close!















Will's first word is debatable. Dad thinks it was "dada"; I think it was "baba" (but it is Father's Day weekend, so I let him win.) ;)
Simple banner and balloons
Oreos that match their nicknames


No comments:

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...