Friday, December 30, 2016

Made Our Morning

We had the nicest thing happen to us today! I convinced Will to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast this morning. He had pointed out that we had eggs, bacon, and biscuits in the kitchen; I claimed we were on vacation and it'd be nice to not have to clean up after breakfast. Plus I argued that the boys are great breakfast eaters and would be well-behaved since they had just woken up. I won, and away we went.

We got the usual stares, comments, and questions during breakfast. But as I (pretty boldly) promised, the boys were in great spirits the whole time we were there. They happily ate and interacted with several people who came over to talk to us. Will had just gotten up to pay the bill when our waitress came over and said that someone had taken care of our bill. When she heard that Will was at the cashier stand, she ran up and snagged the bill away from him, telling him the same thing.

I can't believe that someone did that for us. I belong to a triplet mom group on Facebook and have heard numerous other moms share stories of random strangers paying for their meals, but I never thought it would actually happen to us. We have no idea who picked up our tab, but we were really touched by the gesture. Will gets especially stressed when we take the boys out to eat (he doesn't like all the attention we get and feels extra pressure for the boys to be well-behaved since all eyes are on us) so this was a great morale booster for him. This random act of kindness is proof that there are still great people in the world, and that a little kindness goes a long way!




2 comments:

Molly said...

awww this is amazing!

Jess H said...

What a lovely gesture for a very deserving party-of-five. ;)

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...