Monday, June 15, 2015

Random Updates

Last night we spent the evening packing diaper bags and getting the nursery baby cam set up. We opted to go with the Dropcam per my brother's recommendation and online reviews. The nice thing is that we can see all three cribs with only one camera! The nursery still isn't finished in terms of decorations, but it's definitely ready for 3 little boys to live there!
Dropcam view

We found the curtains on Wayair.com. They aren't exactly what we wanted, but we got all four panels for the price of one panel at Pottery Barn Kids...and they are close enough!



The maternity photo collage turned out great!

This morning as I was getting ready something went down, down there. I have no idea what exactly happened, but suddenly it was extremely painful to walk, to the point that I was in tears trying to move around. When describing the feeling to my sister this afternoon, I've been informed that the feeling I've been having is termed "lightning crotch"- good to know. Fortunately we had a doctor's appointment and ultrasound scheduled already, so I was able to talk to the midwife about this new issue.

Since walking was pretty much the most painful thing ever, I was given a ride to the doctor via wheelchair. Definitely embarrassing! But also necessary as I'm not sure I could have made the walk from the parking lot to the office. 
Certainly embarrassing being wheeled around the doctor's office by your husband. But also really glad that they had wheelchairs available for use!

We learned at our ultrasound that they will likely not do another growth scan because the boys are so crammed in there that it's hard to make out who is who. But all 3 babies have good heart rates and amniotic fluid so that's good. Like I mentioned in previous posts, I think our days of ultrasound pictures are over so our next photos of the boys should be their first pics of them in the real world! 

After the ultrasound, we met with the midwife, who offered some insight into why I was in so much pain. Snap is sitting breech right now and Crackle is head down, and both are really low, which is likely what is causing the pain I've felt today. The pain could also be from my cervix starting to dialate. But likely, Snap and Crackle are the culprits thanks to how they're currently positioned. Unfortunately she said the pain is not likely to go away between now and the boys' arrival. That's pretty disheartening as it hurts a LOT to move, and we have 18 days to go. But she also said she wouldn't be surprised if we delivered sooner, so maybe I'll get relief soon. 

My cholestasis test results aren't back yet, but the midwife is very confident that I don't need to worry about that condition thanks to my other new symptoms that have shown up in the past week. The awful stomach itching has spread and now pretty much my whole body is covered in an annoying, itchy rash. She said it looks like a textbook case of PUPPPS, which stands for "pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy." The good news is that the rash isn't harmful to me or the boys. The bad news is that the only "cure" to make the rash go away is birthing these babies. The only thing I can do between now and then is to try and manage the itching without absolutely losing my mind! She gave me prescription strength hydrocortisone cream and a higher strength Benadryl to help alleviate the itching, so hopefully that helps. Currently the itching is my worst pregnancy symptom that I'm dealing with as it's inescapable! 

This is what the rash looks like- covering pretty much every part of me right now.

The midwife checked to see if I should get a steroid shot to help the boys lungs grow in the event I go into labor soon, but the MFM doctor didn't think it was necessary. That is a great feeling! They think the boys are developed enough that their lungs should be OK if they were to deliver soon. 

We have 2 more weeks of appointments scheduled, but we'll see if we actually need them! 


No comments:

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...