Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Week 32

-->
How far along? 32 weeks, 5 days (June 10, 2015)

Total weight gain/loss: Up 40 lbs

Have you told friends and family? Yes

Maternity clothes? Yes, but very limited selection of what still fits me!

Sleep: Not much. I’m still dealing with the usual issues of multiple bathroom trips, sore hips, knees, and finger joints, and heartburn. Add to that a new gross pregnancy issue: drooling when I sleep. Has anyone else had this problem? I wake up to a wet pillow and it is so disgusting!

Best moments this week: All 3 boys passed their BPP ultrasound yesterday, and all three have heartbeats in the 140’s, which is always great news. Unfortunately we weren’t given any pictures to share. In all honesty, Will and I had trouble making out who was who yesterday. Either the boys weren’t being very cooperative or the ultrasound tech wasn’t going out of her way to show us their faces. She did mention that it looks like Crackle is starting to try and worm his way into Pop’s space. So those 2 boys were a jumbled mess. I’m sure the fact that they’re getting bigger and bigger every day means that new ultrasound pictures to share will be less and less likely.

We also finally got our maternity photos delivered today! I’ll post some pictures of the nursery once we decide where we are going to hang the photos.

Movement: They’ve been particularly active in the past couple days. It’s very easy now to feel where a baby is just by touching my belly. Or even looking at it- my stomach now shifts in shape depending on where the babies are hanging out. Some of their rolls are becoming super uncomfortable and almost painful because I feel like my stomach is going to burst open.
Food Cravings: None lately. Eating ANYTHING at this point gives me awful heartburn (to the point of vomit in my mouth) so I’m not super interested in eating these days. I also don’t much feel like cooking anymore so I opt for the easiest thing to eat vs. what I probably should be eating…
Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn- do I complain about heartburn enough? The other thing that’s getting to me these days is the ITCHING. I am constantly scratching my belly these days. The stretch marks are out of control itchy and it’s gotten particularly bad in the past week. The marks are getting darker in color and are raised up now. I talked to the doctor about the itchiness at my appointment yesterday. Unfortunately there’s not much that can be done to alleviate the irritation. Basically his explanation was that I’m pregnant…with triplets…and in my 3rd trimester. Stretch marks are going to happen and the itching will probably get worse over the next couple weeks as the boys keep growing. Not great news, but he DID say that scratching doesn’t hurt anything, so that makes me feel better.

One potential issue he mentioned about the itching is that there’s a slight chance that I could be developing pregnancy cholestasis, which is when your bile excretion from the liver is interrupted and leads to a build up of bile in the mom. It’s thought to be brought on by pregnancy hormones, and for whatever reason women carrying multiples have a higher chance of developing this condition. One of the symptoms is extreme itchiness which is why the doctor had me come in today for a blood test to rule this out. Will and I aren’t too worried about this as usually the itching is severe and centered on the palms or your hands and soles of the feet…and the majority of my itching is on my stomach. There are no long-term health risks associated with the condition for the mom, and the itching goes away within a few days of delivering the babies. He did mention that there is a slight increased risk of stillborn births in women who have cholestatis, though they’re not sure why. Admittedly not what you want to hear, but that is worse case scenario. Even if I were to have the condition, they typically recommend delivering the baby around 38 weeks…we’ll be ahead of that by at least 2 weeks.

We have another MFM appointment scheduled on Monday and will hopefully have the test results back by then. They have also scheduled another ultrasound for Monday to make sure everything looks good with the boys. If the blood work comes back positive, they’ll have us come in twice a week for ultrasounds to make sure everything is good with the boys up until delivery date. As much as I’m writing about this, we truly aren’t too worried about this potential hiccup. We’re confident that my blood work will come back fine. Doesn’t hurt to have some extra prayers, though! Keep thinking positive thoughts!

Have you started to show yet: Like I said, clothing selections are becoming more and more limited and stretch marks are getting deeper and deeper.

Gender prediction: All boys!

Labor signs: Braxton hicks continue but are still not painful. I’m definitely starting to run low on patience and tolerance from being so uncomfortable all the time. I’m to the point where I just feel achy all day long. Today is the first day in the 5 weeks that I’ve been working from home that I worked from bed so I could lay down. I just could not find a comfortable position! I’ve felt a bit “off” all day, though. Hopefully I’ll feel better tomorrow.

Belly button in or out? Still flat

Wedding rings on or off? Off

Happy or Moody most of the time: Overall feeling OK most days, but it’s definitely hard to not let my mood be affected when I’m so freaking uncomfortable 24/7. Will has to deal with the majority of my complaining so hats off to him for putting up with me!

Weekly Wisdom: A couple different people this week have advised me to enjoy some silent downtime and take advantage of peace and quiet, as those days are going to be gone before we know it!

Milestones: The average gestation for triplets to deliver is 32 weeks. We’re just a day away from passing that HUGE milestone! It’s hard to believe we only have 23 days (or less!) to go before we’re PARENTS!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I am so sorry that you are so uncomfortable! Hang in there, mama! The reward will be SOOOO worth it!

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...