Thursday, June 18, 2015

Week 33

How far along? 33 weeks, 6 days (June 18, 2015)

Total weight gain/loss: Up 45 lbs (no wonder I feel so bloated- +5 pounds in the last week!)

Have you told friends and family? Yes

Maternity clothes? Yup

Sleep: I wish. I'm exhausted this week. Still waking up to use the bathroom at least 3-4 times each night, and then spend quite a bit of time trying to fall back asleep thanks to my itchy body. I've also been hit with bouts of insomnia where I just can't seem to turn my brain off. I'm sure it's because we're getting so close to the finish line, but it makes it tough to stay awake during the day. I've started napping on my lunch breaks in the past week or so, which has been great. Another perk to working from home for the past 5 weeks!

Best moments this week: I was pretty happy when we learned that they weren't going to get steroid shots for the boys' lungs. I'm so happy we've made it this far, and hoping we can hold out for another couple weeks!

Movement: I posted videos this week of them moving around. They're definitely very active these days! As I mentioned last week, it's really easy to pick out where the boys are hanging out based on the shape of my belly. I snapped this picture last weekend- definitely easy to tell where a baby is!
Crackle trying to escape his brothers for some space


Food Cravings: I've been eating lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and chocolate milk lately. Again, going for easy things to make. Will has been in charge of doing most of the cooking lately since I can't handle doing much moving around the kitchen these days.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn is still a constant annoyance. And the itching from PUPPPS is constant. I feel like I could scratch my skin off!

Have you started to show yet: I really do wonder if it's possible to get any larger than I already am.

I'm incapable of taking a decent looking picture of my face these days. I haven't worn makeup since I stopped working in the office. 

Tubba Wubba


Gender prediction: All boys!

Labor signs: Aside from the "lightning crotch" incident earlier this week, I've not really had any labor signs. I'm noticing contractions more and more, but they are very sporadic and not painful. We're getting so close to the boys' due date that I've been trying to pay closer attention to any "off" feelings that could be labor signs, but so far, haven't had anything out of the ordinary happen.

Belly button in or out? Still flat, but ever so slightly starting to pop 

Wedding rings on or off? Off

Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm an emotional wreck these days. I cried 3 times before noon on Monday- because I was in so much pain and because Will made a joke while we were waiting on the midwife. He and I kid around all the time, but for whatever reason I just burst into tears when he jokingly called me a wimp. Seriously. I was laughing/crying at the same time, but I seem to have no control over my emotions these days. And I complain constantly. I know I'm doing it, and I know I sound like a whiny baby when I do it, and I'm sure people are tired of hearing it (or reading it if you keep up with me via the blog) but I can't stop myself! So many friends and family have been in touch with me in the past couple weeks to check in on me and I complain to them about how miserable I am. Please know that I truly do appreciate your care and concern and I promise I'll be a happier camper soon!!!

Despite my constant complaining these days, I am feeling grateful that we have gone almost 34 weeks with very few hiccups in this pregnancy. I have read lots of triplet blogs where the mom has been put on hospital bed rest or made multiple trips to labor and delivery early on in their pregnancy to try and stop labor. In the grand scheme of things, I've had a pretty easy pregnancy considering the risks that often go along with carrying multiples. I need to keep that in mind when I'm having rough days (which seem to be more and more frequent lately.)

Weekly Wisdom: Will brought to my attention that I only have 11 work days remaining before the boys are scheduled to arrive. That's crazy!

Milestones: I truly can't believe that we are almost to the 34 week mark! I am so proud that we've made it this far! Even if the boys decide that their time to come is sooner than July 3rd, we're very likely to bring home 3 healthy babies pretty soon after they deliver. That's such a wonderful feeling! 

1 comment:

Erin Clark said...

Meaghan you are doing great. We are all pulling for you and wish you the best during this uncomfortable and emotional time.

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...