Friday, June 12, 2015

3's all around

Will got in a boat day with Cari yesterday and posted this picture on Facebook with the following caption:

Trying to squeeze 3 months into 3 weeks before 3 babies arrive on the 3rd. Apparently 3 is a popular number for me right now... But I am missing Meaghan Mason right now!



Sweet of him to say that he missed me! I'm sure that my morning cry fest before he left for the day had a little bit to do with that. There are some days that I just can't handle it. The "giant belly, overheated, painful when the babies move, constant itching, no comfortable position to sit or lay in, painful every time I get up to walk somewhere, and never ending exhausted" feelings have been really overwhelming in the past week or so. I often shed a frustrated tear or two in the middle of the night when trying to roll over or having to get up again to go to the bathroom. But I had a morning break down yesterday that Will had to deal with. I just don't know how much longer I can last. 21 days seems so close, but at the same time it feels like an eternity away when I know that these issues are just going to keep getting worse. Will keeps reminding me that at this point in the game it's 90% mental. And he's been urging me to soak in and enjoy when I feel the boys move (even if it's painful!) as this is likely the only time I'm going to experience that feeling. So I'm trying hard to overpower my crappy emotions with positive ones. But admittedly, it's tough.

At any rate, I sure do miss the boat! It's a bummer that I won't be able to have any boat time this summer, but very happy that we have the pool so I get a little relief. Admittedly, Will has had to do some convincing lately to get me to put on my suit and join him after I get off work for the day. But I'm always glad on days that I go. So, thanks to my hubby for taking care of me, yet again!

That tangent was not the actual intention of this post, though! I was struck by how many 3's are swirling around us right now:

  • I'm 33 years old
  • Will is the youngest of 3 kids
  • He's also Will the 3rd
  • I'm officially 33 weeks pregnant today
  • We're having 3 babies
  • They're due to arrive on July 3rd
  • 3 weeks to go

4 comments:

Jess H said...

1) lots of people carrying 1 babe are ready to give up by now.
2) you are amazing
3) the (at least 3) people I tell about you daily are floored that you're hanging in there. Celebrate the huge accomplishment that every minute is right now and remember the Summer lasts until October some years. There are so many people anxious to hold those babes, you might get to break away for a little boat time.:)

Unknown said...

You are doing great! I wrote a big long comment and it wasn't showing, so I'm writing again...hope it doesn't double up! Anyway, I know the feeling you are describing so well! I was also SO SO SO itchy. I would often get in the shower at night and just stay until the warm water was gone because when the water was running my skin wasn't itchy. Sometimes this was enough to get me to sleep...sometimes. Get to that pool as often as possible and enjoy the weightless belly feeling. I always hated getting out because it was so sudden and heavy, but while I was in, I was so happy. Also, Mari rented a wheelchair the last week I was home (it only cost ~$15 for 2 wks. Because of it, I was able to participate more in our normal life...going to the store, taking the dog for a walk, etc... It wasn't awesome, but it beat the alternative of feeling like a recluse for me. We also had the 3 theme. I turned 33 a few weeks before they were born and they were almost born on the 3rd as well (decided to come at 3:30 on Oct 2). You can do it!! Everyday they stay in does increase the discomfort, but it also prepares them so much better for life outside! Triple threat + moms are cheering for you!

Meaghan M. said...

Michelle, it makes me feel better to know that you understand exactly where I'm coming from! The itchiness is seriously the WORST- enough to drive you insane. By far my least favorite part of the pregnancy thus far. On the home stretch now though. Here's hoping I still have some skin left by the time the boys arrive!! Thanks for rooting for us! Reading you, Mari, and your kiddos' story has been such a motivator for me!

Meaghan M. said...

Jess, my #1 cheerleader! Thanks for the constant, unwavering support, even when I write posts that are nothing but straight-up whining. ;)

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...