Sunday, December 20, 2015

Seeing Santa at Cheekwood

The boys had an early wake up call this morning for a very important meeting- their first trip to see Santa! This was the last day that Santa was there so we planned ahead to arrive right at 9:00 am when they opened...which meant leaving here by 8:00 am...which me at getting the boys up, changed, and eating by 6:45 am. #early

Cari, Sue, and the girls joined us for the day, too, so we weren't the only ones to be subjected to such an early hour on the weekend. It was worth it to get there right as they opened, though! The crowd was small and we were able to get the boys back on their normal schedule by prolonging their 2nd bottle of the day. They skipped their morning nap, but I think the excitement of being out and about and seeing Santa kept them in pretty good spirits all morning.

We heard from a reliable source that the Cheekwood Santa is the best in town, and he didn't disappoint! No tears from the boys, and they almost fit perfectly on Santa's lap. Griffin got a little smushed but that's ok. Such is the life of a triplet! We knew he was there! We kept the boys bibbed-up until the very last second to protect their outfits from spit up and drool. Naturally within twenty seconds of taking his bib off Will threw up all over me and him. So there's a big stain on the front of my sweater in our family picture, just to keep things real. 

I'm glad we finally took the time to go see Santa. Hopefully we have happy campers each year, though I'm sure that won't be the case. But we love starting these traditions with the boys and look forward to many years of photos with Santa!













Crafting while we waited for Santa

Cuties!

A little confused- shouldn't we be napping right now??

Hey! We're not napping right now!

I don't get it, shouldn't I be sleeping?

Waiting in line

Checking out the reindeer


Any excuse to put them in cute hats!

Sweet little face!

Dying over the cuteness

Love this one!

Sleigh rides



Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

Molly said...

i just......want to squeeze them.

Jess H said...

That is one fantastic Santa and the family sleigh pic is priceless.

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...