Friday, December 11, 2015

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Last year we never got around to putting up a Christmas tree. I don't really remember why that was, but likely it had to do with me being tired and blah feeling in the early stages of pregnancy (before we even knew there were 3 little guys growing inside me!) We had a fake tree that we plugged in upstairs, and called it a day.

With this being the boys' first Christmas, we definitely wanted to put a tree up so Santa has a place to leave their presents! I sent Will out to pick a tree last week, and he came home with one that Clark Griswold would be proud of! He claims it's 9 feet tall, but I really think it's closer to 10 feet. At any rate, it's awesome and huge...so huge we had to find an alternate spot for it when it wouldn't fit where we intended to place it in the living room!
Festive fireplace- the boys' handmade stockings aren't ready this year so we got temporary ones for them

Gigantic tree in spot #2-it actually fits the space really well

Love their stocking holders!







Several years ago we started collecting an ornament from any new place we visited, and have a nice little collection built up. It's always fun to remember our travels when we decorate the tree. We don't have nearly enough ornaments to fill this year's tree. So it's a good thing we wrapped 180 feet worth of lights around it! You could probably see our tree from outer space it glows so much! :)

Our newest ornament from the Outer Banks

Sandy sent us this last year- Parents to Be ornament!

Grandpa and Pamma sent each boy a "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament

Norway

Monterey, CA

Scotland

Asheville, NC

Hawaii
I took to Pinterest for Christmas card inspiration- here are some outtakes. I should just give up on my Pinspired ideas. They often turn out more like the "Pinterest Fails" you see floating around on Facebook. The best ones did end up on the card, but since the cards were just ordered I won't share them on here!
Jolly family

Will's parents











Ho Ho Ho
Turning on the lights for the first time on the tree upstairs

Love this time of year!!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh my goodness that is just too cute!! Absolutely love the ornament idea -- might have to copy that.

Meaghan M. said...

I bet you could rack up quite a collection in the coming years with your upcoming adventures! And ornaments are easy and small to pack!!

Jess H said...

There is NOTHING more magical that babies at Christmas. Enjoy!

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...