Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween 2016

We really love Halloween. I had the idea of having the boys dress up as Oompa Loompas months ago, and was trying to figure out the best way to make their costumes since I wasn't having much luck finding any online. Thank goodness for my triplet community on Facebook! Another mom alerted me that there was a set of outfits for sale on the Triplet Halloween costume exchange (yes, there is such a thing as a Triplet Halloween costume exchange!) AND they were the right size! This other mom had hand-made the costumes and they are absolutely adorable. She sent everything we needed for them, down to the green hair coloring, so the boys were set.

We kicked off Halloween 2016 with a visit to my office last week (partially dressed in their costumes):

Good thing I keep these bicycle planters around


And other remnants from their baby shower!



They were all a little more clingy than usual when they first got there

Kara and her secret weapon- Elmo




Will was able to easily find his costume online. I looked high and low for a proper Violet Beauregarde costume, but didn't see any I really liked, so I ended up buying a Chubsuit online and doctoring it up myself. Overall, I think our ensemble outfits worked really well, though the boys definitely stole the show tonight!
Happy Halloween!


It's basically impossible to get them to hold still unless they are in the wagon. And I couldn't help wrangle them in my suit!


We went up to Bowling Green again this year to trick-or-treat on Pumpkin Alley with Sue's family. It was about 80 degrees outside- definitely not fall weather. And the warm weather seemed to draw a large crowd as it certainly felt way busier than last year in terms of trick-or-treaters out and about. I wouldn't say that the boys totally got trick-or-treating this year, but they definitely enjoyed running around. They were extremely popular little guys tonight. Our Oompa Loompas were oohed and ahhed over a ton. And most adults appreciated the Violet and Willy Wonka outfits, too. :) The boys were more interested in getting a piece of candy and then holding on to it than they were in filling up their pumpkins!





Cooper's first trick-or-treat stop


Will's first trick-or-treat stop

Griffin holding onto his piece of candy for dear life

Oompa Loompas on the move



Annual Pumpkin Alley sign pic


I look even more ridiculous from the back!

Candy!!!

Willy Wonka and his Oompa Loompas

We were interviewed by Bowling Green's local newspaper! Our little men are already celebrities!

No one can resist a cute Oompa Loompa



 


No comments:

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...