Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Week 24



How far along? 24 weeks, 5 days (April 15, 2015)

Total weight gain/loss: Up 22 lbs. Dropped a couple pounds from last week, but I've been sick. Again.

Maternity clothes? Yes, the new clothes have been working out well now that the weather has warmed up

Sleep: Nope. 

Best moments this week: Got to see the boys again yesterday- they're all doing well! 


Have you told family and friends: Yes


Movement: Their movements have been getting stronger and stronger. My new favorite thing to do is to put things on my belly and have them "kick" it. It's fun to watch!

Food cravings: Eating has not been at the top of my agenda lately, so no real cravings

Anything making you queasy or sick: Everything, it seems. I'm so sick of being sick!! For the past week I've had a scratchy throat and cough, which I chalked up to allergies. Unfortunately, it was actually the start of a new viral infection. I'm so congested and having trouble breathing, which has made sleeping even harder than usual. On top of the virus, I've also got ear "gunk" and have been put on antibiotics to try and keep them from turning into full-blown ear infections. I've been running a low-grade fever for the past couple days as my body tries to fight all this yuck off. In short, it sucks. 

Have you started to show yet: Not sure what the tipping point was, but over the weekend I hit a "wall" in terms of comfort. I can't get/stay comfortable at all anymore! I know it's only going to get worse, but it's not been fun so far. In addition to not breathing well due to the congestion, I'm really starting to feel short of breath as the boys take up more and more space.

Gender prediction: All boys!

Labor Signs: None

Belly Button in or out? Not quite in, but not quite out yet, either. 

Wedding rings on or off? Wedding ring is on, engagement ring is off

Happy or Moody most of the time: Truthfully, it's not been a great week. Exhausted, sick, and feeling constantly uncomfortable make it pretty difficult to stay in good spirits. Thankfully, the boys are all doing well, even though their mama feels like crap.

Weekly Wisdom:  Lots and lots of advice this week encouraging me to take it easy and rest as much as possible to try and get over all the grossness.

Milestones: When I called the doc on Monday afternoon to let them know about my 100.1 fever, they had me FREAKED out when they suggested I keep an eye on my temperature and go straight to labor and delivery if it creeped above 101. Thankfully we didn't have to worry about it as my fever stayed around the 99/100 range. But it was pretty scary, nonetheless. I'm so glad that we had an ultrasound already scheduled so we were able to see them yesterday and know that they were all doing well. Also really happy that a midwife was able to see me yesterday and confirm that I don't have strep throat or something worse. I've been avoiding taking OTC meds this whole pregnancy because I don't like the idea of exposing the boys to a lot of drugs, but I gave in and started taking acetaminophen and a decongestant regularly, in addition to the antibiotics they put me on. 

In other milestones, I also took my 1 hour glucose test yesterday. No results yet, but I'm really hopeful that I pass so I don't have to add gestational diabetes to my list of things to worry about over the next 10 weeks.

I'm extra crabby, and have nothing else fun to report for the week, so I'll leave you with the boys' new mug shots:




Snap resuming his looking directly at the camera role

Crackle

Pop

1 comment:

Leslie said...

So sorry that you are not feeling well, Meaghan! Hope this next week goes better for you.

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...