Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Week 26

How far along? 26 weeks, 5 days (April 29, 2015)

Total weight gain/loss: Up 28 lbs. 

Maternity clothes? Yup.

Sleep: I'm so tired. 

Best moments this week: Another ultrasound yesterday- everybody is doing well! 

Have you told family and friends: Yes

Movement: Yes, pretty much all the time now. I'm still trying to capture my belly moving on video. Even when the kicks feel strong to me, they aren't really showing much on the outside yet. You can definitely see my belly move, but admittedly it's hard to notice it when you can't also feel it on the inside.

Food cravings: No real cravings lately, but my appetite has definitely picked up in the past few days. I feel like I'm eating a ton now! I still don't have room to eat a lot at once, but I am finding that I can't go as long between meals or snacks, or else I'm ravenous.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. Even my heartburn has been pretty easy this week.

Have you started to show yet: We've now entered into the world of pitying glances from strangers who clearly think I'm farther along in my pregnancy than I really am. Looking full term at 26 weeks will do that to people, I guess!

Gender prediction: All boys!

Labor Signs: I have noticed more of what I'm assuming are Braxton Hicks. My stomach tightens up a few times a day, and I notice it more when I am up and active. The contractions aren't painful, though, so I'm told not to worry about them.

Belly Button in or out? It's still in limbo...some days it's out, others it's in. 

Wedding rings on or off? All rings are officially off. I'm starting to notice more and more swelling and decided to go ahead and ditch the wedding ring while I still could! It feels so strange to not have my rings on. I don't like it!

Happy or Moody most of the time: I have little patience for dumb drivers this week...makes me very happy that my commuting-while-pregnant days are coming to an end soon. Aside from road rage, I think I've been pretty upbeat lately!

Weekly Wisdom:  I had a phone meeting with a doctor today who is a mom to TWO sets of twins! She was really sweet and had lots of good advice for me. At the top of her list was to not exert my energy on things I can't control. The boys may have to spend time in the NICU- take advantage of the fact that they're going to be well-cared for and get some rest. I may not be able to breastfeed exclusively- be OK with the fact that some breast milk is better than none. She also reiterated something that Will and I talk about a lot: it's going to be a team effort when multiples are involved. She was rarely up with her boys alone at night- her husband was up with her to help. Will and I will need to be each other's cheerleaders and motivators...especially when we're both going to be exhausted and sleep deprived!

Milestones: At our ultrasound yesterday we learned that the boys are growing well! Snap is weighing  in at 2 lbs, 3 oz while Crackle and Pop are both 2 lbs., 4 oz. That means they've each gained about a pound in the past 4 weeks! That makes us so very happy! Keep growing, boys! We need to keep this pace up for another 7-8 weeks! We got a few pics from their photo shoot yesterday. It's getting harder and harder to get clear pictures of them as they are constantly moving around and because they're so big!!!

Snap's face shot- looking directly at us

Snap's profile

Another face shot from Snap

Crackle's face shot- we actually saw Crackle blink during the ultrasound! It was pretty awesome.


Crackle's profile

Like his brother, Crackle's also a contortionist- that's his foot up over his head!

Pop's face shot

Pop positioned himself so we are COMPLETELY, 100% sure he's a boy.

And another face shot of Pop

No comments:

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...