Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Week 25

How far along? 25 weeks, 4 days (April 21, 2015)

Total weight gain/loss: Back up to 24 lbs gained

Maternity clothes? Most definitely. I'm now proud of the fact that I am still able to wear some of my normal t-shirts...only around the house and in all honesty, they're probably a little too tight for even house-wearing. But I'm still in them!

Sleep: Same story, different week. I don't get much of it.

Best moments this week: My office hosted a babies shower for us on Friday. We were overwhelmed by the generosity of my co-workers! They fully loaded us up with diapers, wipes, books, and all kinds of other baby necessities. I can't take for granted how much support work has given me the past several months. There are definitely days when I'd rather be at home resting easy, but even the hard days at the office are made easier by the number of people who check in on me daily. I feel like the boys and I have a whole lotta people rooting for us, and that certainly makes things more bearable!


Shower decorations

Tasty afternoon treats

Note to self: NEVER position yourself between the 2 smallest people in a group picture when you are by far the largest person in said group picture. Also, never face the camera dead-on when 25 weeks pregnant with triplets!!


Have you told family and friends: Yes

Movement: These boys are extremely active! I feel them all the time, and still love it!

Food cravings: Finally feeling almost back to normal after my sickness last week, so my fruit and chocolate milk cravings are back!

Anything making you queasy or sick: On that same note, the heartburn that had gone away for a bit while I was sick has returned with a vengeance.

Have you started to show yet: So remember two weeks ago, when I asked Dr. Garrison to measure my belly, just to see how I compare to a singleton pregnancy, and she said I would measure around 34 weeks? Well, I asked her to do another measurement at our appointment yesterday, just for fun. She had to remind me that the measurement meant absolutely NOTHING as I am carrying triplets, and this little experiment was not relevant to me at all. But I still wanted to know how far along I'd measure if I was carrying only one baby.  As of yesterday? I'm measuring at 43 weeks. 43!!! My stomach has grown 9 weeks in the span of 2!  No wonder people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them my due date is in July. I'm obviously OK with this as it means the boys are growing and doing what they're supposed to do, but HOLY COW!!! 

It's also funny to look at my size now and know that should we ever have another (single) baby, my belly is bigger now than it would be full term with the next. (SHOULD we, Mom, don't get any ideas!!!) 

Gender prediction: All boys!

Labor Signs: Let's talk about preterm labor symptoms, shall we? When I met with the midwife last week to look over my various infections, she went over a list of symptoms to be on the lookout for that may indicate preterm labor...and encouraged me to head straight to labor and delivery if these symptoms present themselves. Better safe than sorry! Some things she discussed: abdominal discomfort, diarrhea, contractions, etc...

Well (and warning, this is an overshare) I ended up calling labor and delivery around 5:00 AM on Saturday morning after experiencing all of those symptoms. Having never been pregnant before, I'm not really sure what contractions feel like, so the doctor I talked to on the phone walked me through what to feel for. I'm still not sure if I was experiencing true contractions or not, but I was definitely uncomfortable! It turns out it was something that just wasn't sitting well with my stomach, but still a scary situation! 

Belly Button in or out? I'm going to go ahead and call it- it's out now...just not too far out yet!

Wedding rings on or off? Wedding ring on, engagement ring off

Happy or Moody most of the time: I am in MUCH better spirits this week now that I'm feeling better! 

Weekly Wisdom: Our MFM doctor seems to be happy with how I'm holding up at this point in the pregnancy, and how the boys are developing.  So I'm going to continue to keep thinking positively and taking it as easy as possible so the boys continue to stay put! Dr. Garrison actually said we could potentially look at a delivery date in the 35th week if everything keeps going well. Fingers crossed!

Milestones: I took my glucose screen last week and the results came back right on the edge. "Normal" is considered <=139...and my number was 139. The nurse who gave me the results told me they'd likely have me test again at 28 weeks, but yesterday Dr. Garrison said that they won't make me retest. She doesn't think I'd "fail" the 3 hour test based on my 1 hour results. Instead, they'll finger-prick me at each appointment and we'll keep an eye on it that way. Whew! We still discussed foods to lay off of in these final weeks to try and keep my sugar levels in check. And for your viewing pleasure, here's another work bathroom pic I took this afternoon of my gigantic belly (buying the bigger outfits a couple weeks ago was a very good call!): 


Don't mind the flip flops...they're comfortable



No comments:

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...