Sunday, August 30, 2015

Date Night!

Will and I had our first evening away from the boys last night! We have a tradition of meeting up with a group of friends once a month to try out a new (to us) restaurant. The last group dinner we participated in was back in May when the gang graciously offered to come out to our place and grill since I was rather large and uncomfortable at that time. We were anxious to get this group dinner date back up and running ASAP after the boys were born, and we are fortunate to have family nearby who were more than happy to babysit the boys for us while we enjoyed our nice evening out. We had sushi, my first time in about a year to eat it. It was soooo delicious! Definitely glad to be able to eat what I want again!

Will's sisters Cari and Sue watched the boys for us. Sue has three kids of her own and she brought along her youngest, Avery, to help out, too. The boys haven't met any of their cousins yet as we were being overly cautious about having them around kids. But we decided that Avery was healthy and the boys are now old enough to meet some people closer to their own age. Just a couple more weeks until they get their shots and we can start taking them out in public! At any rate, Avery was so, so excited to finally meet her cousins and, as I understand it, was extremely helpful to have around last night!
Avery and Cooper

Avery and Will


Cari and Griffin

Sue and Cooper

We came home to three sleepy babies who spent zero time in their cribs as they had all pretty much been held for 6 hours straight (that won't spoil them at all!) and only minimal damage done to the nursery thanks to what we hear was a particularly gigantic blow out from Will. I won't go into details, but the cleanup included a new changing pad cover, spot-cleaning our glider, carpet cleaner and lots of disinfectant wipes. So needless to say we were happy to have skipped that diaper change!

It felt really great to get out and do a non-baby thing with Will and to have adult conversation that didn't totally revolve around babies and their schedules. We're thankful to have family ready and willing to give us a break when we need one! I was very happy to come home to my babies, though!!!

And as a side note- apparently sushi is super food for producing breast milk. I pumped my normal amount right when we got home (around 16 oz) just before the boys' midnight feeding. I woke up at 4:00 am to pump again and pumped enough for the boys next bottles (14 oz)-


PLUS an extra 11 oz, for good measure-

25 ounces in one pump- a new record! Holy moly. Might as well be a dairy cow!

2 comments:

Jess H said...

Whooo hooooo for date night!! and...um..... I have no words for your blessed production. Just incredible.

Unknown said...

So glad ya'll got to enjoy some time out of the house ........... and it wasn't to go to the doctor or the grocery. Your niece is precious!!

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...