Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Week 17

How far along? 17 weeks, 5 days (February 25, 2015)
Total weight gain/loss: Up 11 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yes
Sleep: Sporadic. Here's an example of an average night's rest, with estimated times as I don't check my clock throughout the night: 

9:00 pm: exhausted, in bed and fall asleep right away
9:30 pm: flip to my other side because my arm is asleep or my shoulder hurts
Sometime between 10:00 pm and 12:00 am: up for first bathroom break of the night
10:30 pm: flip to my other side because my arm is asleep or my shoulder hurts
11:00 pm: adjust the pillows so I don't try to roll onto my back
Sometime at or around midnight: Will comes to bed
12:05 am: adjust pillows again, flip to other side
12:00-1:00 am: second bathroom break
1:05 am: spend 20 minutes itching my feet (which for some unknown reason are itching ALL THE TIME!!!!)
2:30 am: readjust pillows, flip to other side
3:00 am: out of bed for a drink or snack from the kitchen
3:00- 5:00 am: best sleep of the night
5:00 am: alarm clock goes off

Best moments this week: Had a great check in with the MFM team on Monday, including another ultrasound! We're really spoiled by getting to see the babies so often, but there is something very reassuring about seeing them jump around and hearing their heartbeats.
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Movement: Still (not so) patiently waiting to feel a definite kick from someone!
Food cravings: I am still enjoying lots and lots of fruit. Also on a chocolate milk kick at the moment. I learned at lunch today that Potbelly Sandwich shop (a Chicago favorite) is opening a restaurant in Nashville sometime this year. This makes me so happy, pregnant or not!
Anything making you queasy or sick: The need to eat frequently to avoid queasy stomach continues
Have you started to show yet: Most definitely.
Gender prediction: Still thinking 2 boys and a girl, though not quite as confident in this prediction as I was last week! Less than a month til we know for sure!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In, but getting more and more shallow as the days go on!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Keeping emotions in check for the most part
Weekly Wisdom: I was house-bound on Sunday as I had to collect 24 hours worth of urine for analysis to be sure my kidneys were still properly functioning. That was a humbling experience, and one I hope to not have to repeat for the rest of the pregnancy! Not really weekly wisdom at all, but worth documenting for prosperity's sake
Milestones: Gender Reveal party invitations were sent out over the weekend! Also, picked out a paint color for the nursery and our changing table is set to be delivered next week. Things are starting to feel more and more real!

2 comments:

Jess H said...

EEEEK! So exciting! That itching feet thing is real. I can't remember what it's called but Baby Rabies blogged about it and I think I remember it being prevalent on the feet and at night. I hope that party is the same day you find out b/c some of us stuck out here on the internets CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!

Meaghan M. said...

Glad to know the itchy feet issue a pregnancy thing and not just in my head! It's killer! We have our anatomy ultrasound on 3/16 but we'll continue the torture until our reveal on 3/21 at the party...so our reactions will be genuine! :)

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...