Monday, March 30, 2015

Weeks 21 and 22

Combining Weeks 21 and 22 since I didn't post an update last week...

How far along? 22 weeks, 3 days (March 30, 2015)
Total weight gain/loss: Up 21 lbs. as of this morning. I’m good with this as I had a stomach bug last week and actually lost a few pounds…happy to see the scale back closer to where it should be at this point in the pregnancy
Maternity clothes? Yes
Sleep: Not a whole lot of it. Turning over from side to side has become increasingly difficult in the past few days!
Best moments this week: The gender reveal last Saturday! Close second was Will getting to feel Crackle move last Sunday
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Movement: Yup, all the time now. I find it comforting to feel them moving around. I can definitely tell when Snap is moving as he is positioned so much lower than his brothers. I mostly feel him when I am sitting upright at work, or when I’m hunched over, trying to stretch my back. Crackle and Pop are harder to distinguish since they’re closer to each other. I am beginning to think they may feed off of each other, so when one moves, the other has to re-position himself as well. As I mentioned earlier, Will is finally starting to feel the movement on the outside, though only a couple times so far. I joke that the boys and I are in cahoots to try and pull one on over on Daddy…it seems they will be very active and as soon as I motion for Will to put his hand on my belly so he can feel them, they go radio silent. I have a feeling that the bigger they get, the easier it will be for Will to feel them moving around from the outside.
Food cravings: Not really any huge cravings lately. Even our most recent gallon of milk has lasted longer than 2 days, which is rare these days. Ever since my bout with the stomach bug last week I haven’t had any serious cravings.
Anything making you queasy or sick: My stomach is just not happy these days. Probably a combination of serious heartburn, digestive issues, and less room in the belly for food (and oxygen). 
Have you started to show yet: I seriously look like I’m 8 ½ months along already!
Gender prediction: Boys all around! We have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow, the first one since our anatomy screen on the 16th. I plan to ask them to point out the proof to us, just to be sure that they didn't double count someone when they did the screen a couple weeks ago!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Every so slightly out now, but for the most part flat.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I've reached the point in the pregnancy where I’m just uncomfortable all the time, and feel the need to complain about it. Often. Overall, though, I really don’t have a whole lot to complain about. Aside from being physically uncomfortable and easily winded, I've had no serious problems so far. Day-end swelling has been minimal and even my blood pressure, which was a bit high before I got pregnant, has been completely normal. I am to the point that I can’t comfortably walk long distances, so I have been passing quite a few of my face-to-face work meetings to my colleague, Ali. Thank God for Ali. My whole team (and really entire office) has been incredibly accommodating and understanding thus far, but Ali has really gone above and beyond as she is the one who gets stuck doing my work when I physically can’t. I am extremely lucky to have such a supportive work environment as I go through this pregnancy.
Weekly Wisdom: We ordered a reclining glider for the babies’ room a couple weeks ago. I’ve been told by several folks that the recliner will be my new best friend for sleeping as my stomach continues to grow. I’m really, really looking forward to its arrival in a couple weeks! It will be nice to be able to sleep in a different position than my sides!
Milestones: We’re inching closer and closer to that viability date of 24 weeks, which is a relief. Here’s hoping I continue to do well so the boys can continue to cook until well past 30 weeks!

No comments:

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...