Sunday, March 22, 2015

Gender Reveal Party

What a fun afternoon! Sue and Cari blew us away with all their thoughtful decorations and touches. It was so much more than we had hoped for when we originally planned the event. We held the party in our club's dining room, which was the perfect spot to host the group of about 40 people. Plenty of room to roam around, pretty views of the lake and the golf course, and the TV on so no one had to miss any March Madness action- perhaps the insistence of having a sporting event playing in the background of the party was a sign of what was to come!

I'm still floored that I'm going to be a mom of 3 BOYS!!! I had mentioned in the past few weeks that my confidence in my 2 boys and 1 girl guess was dwindling...but 3 boys never even entered into my mind as a possibility. Will and I were talking last night and both agreed that we were totally confident that we would have a mix, whether it turned out to be 2 boys or 2 girls. So to see all three cakes with blue frosting pretty much blew us over!

We are absolutely thrilled, though! 24+ hours later and I still smile every time I think about the fact that I have 3 little baby boys growing inside me! Will has his golf foursome intact for many years to come, and he's already wondering how quickly he can get them up on skis. :) The gender-neutral nursery is no longer a need so it will be much easier to decide on decorations and finishing touches. Now the question of how we will split them up once they've outgrown the nursery still remains on the docket. Our intention had always been to give the single boy or girl his or her own room and have the other two share. But with 3 boys...maybe we will be investing in bunk beds and keep them all in the same room together. Or maybe they'll all end up in their own rooms. Good thing we have a couple years before we have to decide that one!

Our house will probably be insane and crazy for the next 18 years, but I can't wait! I've been eyeing some adorable football onesies and hipster-type baby boy outfits for the past few weeks...guess it's OK to start stocking up now!

Here are some pictures from the party. So thankful that our family and friends were able to be with us when we learned our very exciting news!

Each table was decorated with little bicycle wire planters full of baby essentials- pacifiers, wash cloths, socks, and lots of diaper rash cream

Gift table

Pete had this made up at work. Adorable!

Probably the cutest fruit baskets ever made. Snap, Crackle, and Pop each had their own. We learned it was a team effort to make these at the last minute after Will and I showed a picture of them to Cari on Thursday afternoon! 

Since March Madness is going on right now, we played a game of Mason Madness. Each person wrote their name on a piece of paper and dropped it in the jar that matched their guess. We drew one winner from the jar of all boys who won a prize. Will and I couldn't reach into the jar to pull a winner, so we had my niece Ella draw for us...she drew her own name out. Will shook the jar up, though, so we don't think there was any suspicious play. :)

Close up of the table centerpiece

Gift bags for each guest had a little bottle of wine and a bag of popcorn, thanking them for "popping in" to celebrate with us. Again, so much thought and detail went into everything!

How adorable are those onesies! My mom also had a set made, but in premie size. They are so tiny!

I look forward to reading these diapers in the middle of the night!


21 weeks and looking VERY pregnant! And wearing blue...possibly another sign? I had pink on my fingers and toes, though!
Add caption


Moment of truth for Snap!
It's a boy!
Cue the tears from me...though I did hold it together pretty well!

Pointing out Crackle's location in my belly

Crackle's a boy, too!
And finally, Pop's turn

Oh boy...again!


This is our look of disbelief- 3 sons!
Add caption



Proud parents


2 comments:

Jess H said...

Those cakes were the absolute cutest and the cute clearly didn't stop there. These boys are already surrounded by so much love and support it is overwhelming. Fabulous job on the party ladies, and huge congrats to all 5 of you!!

Susie Reavy said...

Congratulations! The three boys will be so cute!

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...