Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Maternity Photos!


I debated back and forth about whether I wanted to take professional maternity photos. On one hand, this is my first (and quite possibly my only) pregnancy, and so I thought it would be nice to have professional shots to document the occasion. But on the other hand, what does one actually do with maternity photos?? They're not necessarily something we'd look to hang all over the house, so was it really worth spending the money to have them taken?

In the end, I decided to go for it. I figured it would be better to take them and not use them rather than regret not having any nice photo mementos from the pregnancy. I opted to have them taken earlier in the pregnancy, back in March just after we learned their genders (around 22 weeks), as opposed to the 28-30 week range, when most women typically take their pictures. I wanted to document my belly while it was still relatively small and not freakishly large (as it very much is now!)

The same photographer who shot our wedding,  Krista of Krista Lee Photography, took the photos for us. It was really great to work with her again, and she and her assistant were SO EXCITED that we are expecting triplets! It was fun to reminisce about our wedding day with them while taking our maternity shots- who would have thought we'd be using the same photographer to capture another momentous occasion in our lives?!  Krista is really talented and takes some adorable kid photos, so I look forward to bringing the boys down to her studio for some of their baby pictures.

We ended up ordering a collage of some of these shots to put up in the nursery, and got a framed picture of Will and me that we plan to hang in our room. I'm so glad we decided to take the shots, and glad we got to work with Krista again!

And as an added bonus, we are FINALLY going to have a wedding album created! We fell in love with a company who makes beautiful wedding albums while we were wedding planning, and opted to not have Krista make an album for us following our wedding as we wanted to work with that particular company. We learned, though, that the company will only work with professional photographers, so we just never got around to having an album made. When we met with Krista a couple weeks ago to review the shots and pick out our products, we noticed that she has started working with that company! WOOHOO! So we're simultaneously working on wedding and maternity shots at the same time. But I'm so happy that we'll finally have a nice album to display, and that we'll actually get it done before the boys come...and before our 3rd anniversary!

Here are a few of our favorite shots from our shoot!


















1 comment:

Jess H said...

These are simply fabulous and I know you are SO glad you did them!! Please share pics of the framed prints! You guys are both glowing!

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...