Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Week 27

How far along? 27 weeks, 5 days (May 6, 2015)

Total weight gain/loss: Up 30 lbs. 

Maternity clothes? Yup.

Sleep: I'm sleeping better, but still not great. I started on the couch last night, where I slept really soundly until about 9:30, then switched to the bed. Didn't sleep so well in the bed, so I went back to the couch around 2:00 am and slept wonderfully until my alarm went off. Maybe I should just start sleeping all night on the couch! 

Best moments this week: The best moments each week are when we get to see the boys via ultrasound. Going to the doctor's office every week can be a pain, but I love that we get weekly glimpses of the boys. Seeing their hearts beating and the three of them being active (even when I can physically feel them being active) is so comforting!

We also got digital copies of our maternity photos this week, which is exciting. 

Have you told family and friends: Yes

Movement: Often. 

Food cravings: I picked out corn dogs at the grocery store this week, which was random. I can't remember the last time I ate, let alone craved, a corn dog.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn. 

Have you started to show yet: See picture from last post- I'm ginormous.

Gender prediction: All boys!

Labor Signs: I had a REALLY rough day yesterday. I slept really poorly the night before and was exhausted, like 1st trimester exhausted, and could barely keep my eyes open. I've read that extreme tiredness can hit again with full force in the 3rd trimester...I definitely believe that now! On top of that, I was contracting every time I got up to walk anywhere, and couldn't get comfortable to save my life. I was literally to the point of tears trying to find a comfortable position to sit in while I was at the office. I finally called it a day around noon and ended up working from home the rest of the afternoon. I had a 2:00 pm phone meeting and decided just after 1:00 pm to to lay down for a bit to try and rest. I set my alarm for 1:45 pm and it woke me up from a DEEP sleep...my pillow was covered in drool! Yikes! Guess I really did need the rest. I was pretty miserable but thankfully, I got a lot of rest last night and feel 1000% better today!

Belly Button in or out? It's ever so slightly out, but mostly flat. I have a feeling it will officially pop any day now. 

Wedding rings on or off? All rings are off

Happy or Moody most of the time: I have been up and down this week, per my explanation above. Overall, though, I've been pretty even-keeled.

Weekly Wisdom: I am down to my final 2 days in the office before I start working from home until the boys' arrival. The MFM doc reiterated that even though I should be taking it easy, I still need to move around as much as I can, to avoid blood clots. I'm sure I'll miss working and conversing with my work colleagues on a daily basis. But I am more than ready to be done in the office for awhile. I just can't get comfortable at work. Plus I am tiring more easily during the day. It will be nice to have some extra time in the morning to sleep in since I won't have to be up by 5:00 am. And I'll be able to rest throughout the day when I need to, something I can't do at the office. 

Milestones: Just 2 days shy of reaching the 3rd trimester, and that important 28 week developmental goal that we discussed with the NICU doctor several weeks ago. Only 6-7 weeks to go!

1 comment:

Jess H said...

You continue to amaze us all! Continue taking care of yourself!

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...