Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Week 28

How far along? 28 weeks, 4 days (May 12, 2015)

Total weight gain/loss: Up 30 lbs. 

Maternity clothes? Yup.

Sleep: I think I'm starting to see a pattern to my sleep habits. It seems I can't sleep in one spot more than 2 nights in a row before I get very uncomfortable. I spent Saturday and Sunday night with Will at "his" place (AKA- the guest bedroom where he's been sleeping since January) and I slept pretty well both nights. I tried to sleep up there again last night and woke up around 1:30 and just couldn't find a comfortable position so I ended up moving to the glider in the boys' room, where I slept comfortably until 6:00 am. I guess I'll move back down to "my" room tonight and see if my theory holds true.

Best moments this week: As always, any time we get to see the boys is a great moment. I had an ultrasound today and got to see all 3 boys moving around, with good amounts of fluid, and growing steadily. That's the best gift this birthday mama could ask for! Cari was a last second pinch-hitter for Will at the ultrasound today since he wasn't able to come to this appointment. It was a real treat for her to see the babies in "real" time, even though they were all being stubborn. We didn't get any cute profile pictures today. But, per usual, the boys had no trouble at all showing off their man parts. We have plenty of photographic evidence of their male anatomy. It's a good thing we decided to find out their genders because even to an untrained eye like mine, their anatomy is pretty easy to spot during the ultrasounds! 

Our boys also have super long arms, which makes me assume that they'll take after their Uncle Shaughn. All three of them have arms measuring 2-3 weeks ahead of their developmental ages! Our little monkeys. :)

The boys are all continuing to grow well- Snap and Pop (babies A and C) are both currently weighing in around 2 lbs, 11 oz (27th percentile) and Crackle is weighing in around 2 lbs, 13 oz (41st percentile). Which means they have all grown about 8-9 oz in the past 2 weeks! I hope they continue growing at this pace for the next 6 weeks! 

In other best moments of the week, we have names chosen!! At least first names! I've been hounding Will for several weeks now about nailing down names for these kids. We've gone back and forth about what we both like for awhile now, but in the past few days I've really been feeling the urge to just know our babies' names! Even last night, as I was sitting in the glider in their room before bed, I was nagging Will about making a decision. Little did I know that he had already decided! Will gave me my birthday card this morning and inside he wrote a sweet note and referenced the Rice Krispies by their first names. Cue the waterworks! I was bawling as I read the card and saw their names written down for the first time. Like big fat tears rolling down my face crying. Probably a little overly dramatic, but hey, I'm pregnant so it's OK. I love the names we've chosen and can't wait to share them with family and friends when the boys arrive in a few weeks. So exciting!!! (And no, no one is going to be filled in on the names ahead of time! We're keeping them a secret from EVERYONE!!!)

Have you told family and friends: Yes

Movement: Constantly. Lately, in addition to sporadic kicks, I can feel their whole bodies turning or stretching or re-positioning or something. It's such a bizarre feeling! Like little aliens taking over my belly. Will has felt it, too, and his face is hilarious as he reacts to feeling them. It's like he's horrified and fascinated by it at the same time! :)

Food cravings: Per yesterday's post- watermelon. I had a birthday lunch with my team after my ultrasound today...they got me a watermelon for my birthday. Those ladies know me so well. :)

Anything making you queasy or sick: Terrible heartburn again today, this round courtesy of the onions on my salad at lunch.

Have you started to show yet: Yup

Gender prediction: All boys!

Labor Signs: Thankfully none. I've been feeling really good the past few days. This whole working-from-home thing should be a good thing for me. I feel far less tired since I'm able to sleep in an extra hour+ in the mornings. And I am soooo happy to not have to drive in morning and evening rush hour traffic.  

Belly Button in or out? Still hanging in the flat zone, I'm just waiting for it to pop! 

Wedding rings on or off? All rings are off

Happy or Moody most of the time: I "celebrated" my first Mother's Day on Sunday, today's my 33rd birthday, I got to see the babies this morning, we have names picked out, I am working from home now, I'm officially in the third trimester, and my sweet husband has been showering me with cards and affection all week. Life is good!

Weekly Wisdom: Taking Dr. Ransom's advice from last week and have been making a point to get up every hour and do a lap or two around the house so I don't clot from sitting around at home. 

Milestones: Hello, 3rd trimester! I'm thrilled we've made it this far, and hope that the babies keep growing and my body keeps handling this pregnancy for another 5-6 weeks!!

1 comment:

Jess H said...

These weekly posts are becoming the highlights of my weeks and my favorite time to take a deep breath on your behalf.;)

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...