Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Week 30

How far along? 30 weeks, 5 days (May 27, 2015)

Total weight gain/loss: Up 38 lbs. Gulp.

Maternity clothes? I'm actually starting to outgrow some of my outfits...

Sleep: I had one really great night of sleep over the weekend- I actually slept in until 9:30 am! Unfortunately it was a fluke and not the new norm- I'm still not sleeping well.

Best moments this week: Swimming! Our neighborhood pool opened up on Friday, and we headed down there on Saturday afternoon so I could swim float around for a bit. Admittedly the water was COLD, but it felt pretty darn good considering how hot I feel these days. I put a makeshift swimsuit together using an old swim skirt and a very large tankini top. It's not the most attractive thing ever, but it works for now and will hopefully get me through another 4 weeks of post-work/weekend floating in the water. I loved feeling like a "normal" person again when I was in the water- it really felt so great to not have my belly (and everything else) weighing me down for about 30 minutes. However, getting out of the pool felt so strange!!! I felt like there was an extra 100 pounds strapped to my legs as I climbed up the stairs. 

We had an ultrasound yesterday, but it was rather uneventful. They didn't do any growth measurements this time, though the doctor did request that we schedule a growth ultrasound for Monday when we go back for our MFM appointment. We're excited about that as we're anxious to see how much they've grown in the past week! All three boys still have strong heartbeats and look good. This particular ultrasound they were looking for movement and practice breaths from all the boys. Snap and Crackle were not super cooperative, but Pop was really easy going and did everything the tech needed to see. She was able to get a quick profile pic of Pop for us. The other two were not interested in having their pictures taken, though they did eventually do what the tech needed to see.
Our one cooperative little baby boy


Have you told family and friends: Yes 

Movement: All the time. I am attaching yet another video of my moving stomach because I just love it so much and don't want to lose these movies! Will mentioned the other night that he'll miss feeling them move in my belly, and I have to agree- I'll really miss feeling these little guys moving around all the time. They're my constant sidekicks these days, and while I know they will still be with me all the time once they're "out," it won't quite be the same!




Food cravings: Every week I think that I haven't had any cravings, but then I remember random items that I feel compelled to ask Will to pick up at the grocery store. This week it was cherry dump cake. I decided while we were at the store the other day picking up a few essentials that I just needed to make one. I'm glad that's what I was craving because a dump cake is about the most elaborate thing I can handle baking these days! I am starting to really pack on the pounds in the past couple weeks. I really really hope this is because the boys are getting bigger every day!

Anything making you queasy or sick: The heartburn continues...

Have you started to show yet: Yup

Gender prediction: All boys!

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions continue, but not very frequently which is good. However, I am becoming more and more uncomfortable each day. I got really frustrated the other morning because I tried to cook breakfast for us, and it took everything out of me. I was only moving around in the kitchen for about 20-30 minutes, but I was so exhausted afterwards that I took a nap. On Sunday I sat through the entire mass instead of the usual standing/sitting/kneeling routine. Basically any sort of activity leaves me tuckered out. We did very, very little the whole Memorial Day weekend. It's ironic because I am so bored being "stuck" at home all the time, but there is so little that I can handle these days. Physically I'm just not up for doing a whole lot right now. I've mentioned it before, but I'm so fortunate that I can work from home right now, even if I sometimes feel like I'm on house arrest.

In addition to being exhausted all the time, I've developed a fun new pregnancy symptom- carpal tunnel! It's less in my wrists and more in my finger joints- my joints hurt all the time now. I can barely make a fist in the morning! I've been doing lots of wrist rolls to try to combat the puffiness. 

I mentioned to the doctor yesterday that it's become rather painful to stand up these days as I feel a ton of pressure every time I stand and take my first few steps. Usually the pain goes away after I empty my bladder and/or walk around a bit, but that concern prompted him to check my cervix. Thankfully my cervix is still long and closed, but HOLY MOLY!!! I was in even more pain yesterday thanks to that cervix check. Hopefully those aren't a new normal at my upcoming doctor's appointments! 

Belly Button in or out? I am beginning to wonder if I'm going to be lucky and not have a belly button that pops out. 30 weeks and it's still very flat, but not popped out!

Wedding rings on or off? Off 

Happy or Moody most of the time: It's been an up and down week. I'm so tired of being pregnant but I don't want to admit that to myself for fear of jinxing what has, so far, been a really stable pregnancy. Admitting that I'm tired of being pregnant makes me feel guilty, like I'm wishing the boys would get here already. Which is SO NOT the case! But I've been just feeling blah this past week, due in large part to all the issues I just mentioned under labor signs. Today in particular I've felt ready to burst into tears since I woke up. For no reason, in particular, just because I fancy a good cry, I guess. 

Weekly Wisdom: I've definitely had moments in the past week where I physically don't know if I can handle another 4 1/2 weeks of feeling so miserable. But I give me and the boys little pep talks- we can do this!!! All too soon I'll have to reference this blog to remember how I was feeling at this particular point in the pregnancy. It is so worth it to be to sacrifice my comfort now so that the boys can continue to stay healthy with me! 

And really, the end of June will be here before we know it! It's time to really start prepping for their arrival! Maybe my nesting instincts will kick in soon...I keep waiting but I don't feel like they've arrived yet! Thankfully Will has had the bug hit him in the past week. His baby prep work continued this week with assembling our double stroller. It's all ready- just waiting for a couple baby boys to fill it up! 
The boys' new ride...for 2/3 of them, at least!

And ready for when they're older and out of their infant seats!

Thank God for Will- I don't give him a lot of credit on the blog, but he has really done a huge job of taking over ALL of the household duties since I've been pregnant. And he's been stuck doing most of the baby-stuff assembly on his own, too. And he does it all without complaining (I do enough of that for the both of us!) I don't know what I'd do without him!!

Milestones: We hit 30 weeks! It is so crazy to actually be at this point. It felt like such a lofty goal when we first learned we were having triplets. 30 weeks just sounds super pregnant. Which I suppose is fitting since that's exactly how I feel these days!

1 comment:

Jess H said...

It's ok to be "over it," mama. What you're doing is nothing short of miraculous. Hang in there and keep your amazingly positive perspective!! Your cheering section is bigger than you know. :)

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...