Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Week 29


How far along? 29 weeks, 5 days (May 20, 2015)

Total weight gain/loss: Up 33 lbs. 

Maternity clothes? Yup.

Sleep: Not great. I'm so tired, but just can't get comfortable. My hips have been hurting more and more at night especially, I'm guessing from the pressure of laying on my sides. I finally gave up around 4:45 this morning. I'm sure that will hurt me later today, but at least I can nap a bit if I need to since I'm at home.

Best moments this week: We had another MFM check in this week, this time with a new doctor on the team. She was great, and we got a quick peek at all the boys- heartbeats are looking good and they were all moving around nicely. Whew! We learned who would likely be delivering the boys via c-section sometime that last week of June. We don't have a definite delivery date yet, but we're getting closer to nailing down the boys' birthday! Hopefully we will have a chance to meet with the delivery doctor before our c-section date. We've been assured that he is great, but would like to meet with him in person for peace of mind.

I'm also relieved to have the car seats installed and another chunk of baby proofing done around the house, thanks to Will. It's definitely early to worry about baby gates and plugging outlets, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll be pretty busy once the boys are mobile, so we'd rather get everything done ahead of time!

Have you told family and friends: Yes 

Movement: Lots and lots of it!

Food cravings: I am enjoying all foods right now, hence the 3 lb weight gain over the past week! The boys must be going through another growth spurt because I've been starving lately!

Anything making you queasy or sick: I am really looking forward to no longer having heart burn 24/7

Have you started to show yet: Good grief, I am enormous. 

Gender prediction: All boys!

Labor Signs: Some Braxton hicks last night, but no painful contractions, thank goodness. The lack of labor signs does NOT mean I am not feeling pregnant! I'm so uncomfortable!!! I just can't find any position to sit or lay comfortably for any long period of time. This makes it especially hard when trying to get comfortable for work. My laptop doesn't even fit on my lap if I'm sitting up in my recliner or on the couch- I have to create a makeshift desk using a pillow. Breathing is becoming more and more labored- I just can't seem to get a full breathe of air which sucks! It becomes painful to stand for any stretch of time- even just a few minutes exhausts me. I already mentioned my achy hips and general exhaustion. And in order to sit upright, I have to spread my legs to accommodate my massive belly. I'm sure I'm a sight for sore eyes. 

All that complaining aside, I am so hopeful that we all hang in there and make it to 35 weeks. Better me be miserable and huge and uncomfortable than the boys spend extra time in the NICU! Although I do shudder to think about how much bigger I can actually get! Seeing myself day-in and day-out, I don't realize how much I've been expanding until I see photos of myself either next to others or with some other point of reference (like the watermelon picture I posted the other day). Will took a not-suitable-for-the-blog (my shirt was not covering my belly- hello, back fat and STRETCH MARKS!!!) photo of me last night while I was stretching out my back. It is almost shocking to see my belly without the cover of clothes. It's so B.I.G.

Belly Button in or out? I think we're getting ever-so-closer to an outie. I can't see my belly button anymore(!) but Will has been keeping a dutiful (and slightly horrified) eye on it and inspects it each night. As of last night the bottom half is starting to poke out. 

Wedding rings on or off? All rings are off. I actually tried to put them on a couple days ago, just to see if they would still fit since I took them off before I really needed to. Ha! They didn't even come close to going on my finger! Definitely won't be wearing any rings for awhile. 

Happy or Moody most of the time: I think I've been in pretty good spirits lately. Definitely have my moments of moodiness, generally coinciding with when I am famished and need to eat!

Weekly Wisdom: Trying to keep up with my evening neighborhood walk at least a few times a week. I'm sure our neighbors think we're walking at night to try and induce labor, when in fact I'm walking to try and keep them in! We have met more neighbors in the past couple weeks than we have in the almost 2 years we've been living here. It's amazing how a gigantic pregnant belly can lead to a greeting of "you must be ready to pop any day now!" and then the mention of triplets turns it into a full-blown conversation. I think the whole cul-de-sac is excited for the triplets' arrival!

Milestones: It felt really great to hear the MFM doctor say that if the boys were to arrive at this point, they would more than likely survive and be far less likely to have long-term health issues. She also warned us that should we make it to 35 weeks and deliver sometime in that last week of June, we have a good chance of bringing the boys home with us when I am discharged! How amazing that would be!! And slightly terrifying, if we're being honest...but mostly amazing! Keep saying prayers that the babies and I have 5 1/2 more weeks together!

2 comments:

Jess H said...

You did a great job in this post describing the difficult reality of carrying multiples. Keep it up mama! What you are doing is nothing short of miraculous!

Unknown said...

Hi Meaghan, I saw your comment on our blog and wanted to reach out and say "hi"! You're doing great! I haven't read through your blog yet, but congrats for getting to 29 weeks and good luck over the next few. I remember the nights of terrible hip pain well...do you have one of those c-shaped body pillows? It didn't solve the problem for me, but it did help a little. I also had a small wedge pillow that I'd sometimes prop under my belly. Good luck!

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...