Monday, July 13, 2015

Growing boys

On our way home from our pediatrician's appointment and happy to report that all three boys are growing nicely! Cooper gained a whopping 9 ounces over the last week and is now weighing in at 5 lbs, 3 oz, Will is now 5 lbs, 10 oz, and Griffin remains our heavyweight at 6 lbs, 1 oz!

One thing about having triplets is that people remember you. The pediatrician office is in the same place as my OB so several folks stopped us to see the boys as we headed to the doctor. From the door man who helped me up and down the stairs when Will would drop me off during my mega pregnant days, to the front desk staff of the OB office who remembered that the boys' nicknames are Snap, Crackle, and Pop, everyone was very excited to meet the boys! Even one of the MFM docs who saw us once stopped on her way to lunch to get a look at the babies. She saw us from a distance and figured it had to be us when she counted 3 car seats. We were also stopped by non-familiar people, too. Folks are fascinated by triplets! It's kind of fun watching the sight of three babies register with them. It takes a second, but then they just stare. Some people asked is about them, but most people just stare. Admittedly it is slightly uncomfortable to know that we're getting a lot of attention, but then I remind myself that WE'RE not getting a lot of attention, my cute babies are. And that's ok. Thankfully everyone has been respectful and have kept their distance from them- just looking from afar and not trying to touch them! Grateful I haven't had to go mama bear on anyone and yell at them to not touch!

Another treat for us at our appointment today was a quick visit from my colleague Ali, who came bearing gifts of food! Very thankful to my office who signed us up for takethemameal.com. The "meal service" was set to begin today and it worked out that we could save Ali a trip out to our house by meeting her at the doctors office. Score for both of us! She brought meals from both her and another colleague so we're set for the next several days. I really do have such great coworkers! 

And finally, remaining grateful that our boys are good car riders! They haven't eaten in 5 hours but have barely made a peep the whole drive home. I know we're about to have some hungry babies in about 5 minutes!!



Aren't their blankets adorable? One of Will's friends from college sent those to us last week. I love them so much! 

And a quick pic of their awesome outfits- we have some future legends on our hands!! Thanks Aunt Sue and Avery for picking them out for us!! (I was staunchly against the boys being "matchy matchy" while I was pregnant...but darn it if they aren't adorable when they all wear the same thing!)







4 comments:

Unknown said...

Getting three babies all packed and out of the house is no easy task...well done mama!!! So happy to hear they are doing so well!!

Molly said...

Yay for growing boys! And amazing blankets! And FOOD! So much yay.

Unknown said...

I bet that they were actually "hangry" babies (hungry and angry).

Jess H said...

You guys just continue to floor me! I agree that those matching outfits are absolutely adorable!

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...