Thursday, July 9, 2015

So fresh and so clean

The boys had their first baths at home today. Will and I weren't particularly excited to give them one since their belly buttons and circumcisions are both still healing. But we decided they couldn't be stinky for forever so we picked today as the day to get them cleaned up.

It was an assembly line, start to finish. Will would get each baby down to their diaper then hand him off to me. I'd put baby in the tub, take off the diaper then get them washed. Then I'd wrap baby up in a towel, hand back off to a Will who would dry him and then do some skin-to-skin time to warm them back up. Then I'd get that baby dressed while Will undressed the next baby and the process began again. We purposefully bathed them right before feeding time since we thought a warm bottle would help warm them back up. All in all our process worked well and we had all three cleaned in a relatively short amount of time. Bonus for me- no shots of urine to my face while I was bathing them! 

They look adorable with their hair all downy and fluffy again. And they smell great now, too. I would say bath time was a success!

Will was first up- he did OK despite what this picture shows:



Post-bath cuteness

Next up was Griffin, who barely made a peep despite mom forgetting to re-warm his bath water:


His hair was SUPER fluffy after his bath

And finally Cooper who also did well- he tried to eat my hand the whole time:



More post-bath cuteness


The whole clean gang (Cooper was the last one to get his bottle, hence the gnawing on Griffin's arm)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So precious!
--- Dawn B.

Unknown said...

Nicely done...impressive!!

New Blog Location!

I realized today that I never posted a link to my new website. I’ve decided to try out a new, easier to find website and am now blogging ove...